Friday, August 16, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Small

"Let it go."

"What are you talking about, LORD? I already have. Look, my hands are practically empty!"

"Let it go."

"God, I said You could have everything, and You've taken me at my word. Look, all that's left are the few crumbs of good works I can do."

"Let it go."

"What, LORD? How can You ask this? Don't You realize if I let that go, I have to give up all the good I'm doing there, too? That can't be Your will - You don't really want me to turn my back on that."

"Let it go."

"LORD, look. If it was actually a bad thing, I would let it go. I would. It's not like I have to have it. If I was completely sure it was really You asking me give it up (You know, not just a self-inflicted humility test), I would do it in a jiffy. I just know you can't really be asking me to give up a tiny piece of self-contentment at the sacrifice of all the good I do there. That's why I'm not giving it up. You know?"

"Let it go."

"Lord, it's such a small thing. Can't we just move on?"

"Let it go."

...

"Let it go."

...

"Let it go."

"Ok."

"LORD, I can't. Please help me."

And He does. And suddenly, I realize that the "small stumbling" in the grand good was actually a great stumbling in a small good. And I realize, I am free.
Five Minute Friday One word. Five minutes. No edits. It's Five Minute Friday!

4 comments:

Ray said...

Well said. :)

Red said...

Beautifully done, Jaycey.

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister! You're not the only one that fights God about "little" things. Believe me...

Lynnae said...

I always enjoy these posts so much...thank you, Sarah!