A few weeks ago, I received this lovely-colored sweater from a friend:
Now, I realize that there are a variety of arm sizes in the world, but the size of the cuff made it nigh-impossible for any of the girls in our family to fit the sleeve onto the upper arm. A true dilemma, since the sleeves were a bit shorter that 3/4 length!
So I cut off the binding, re-hemmed the sleeves...
|(Yes, most people would have tried to choose a thread that matched...but I like pink!)|
Ta-dah! (Unfortunately, this is the only pic I have for you, as my camera battery just died. :)
That, my friends, is what I worked on this week. Thus ends my first experimentation with cutting up + sewing store-bought clothes! :D