Monday, April 4, 2011
Some Random Style!
style: A distinctive manner of expression
Lauren from One Bright Corner has bestowed upon me the great honor of the Stylish Blogger Award! If, as Webster's dictionary claims, style is distinct, it would follow that style is unique. And if style is unique it would follow that the samples of styles found would be rather random. And if styles are random...what is more natural than to require that the acceptor of such an esteemed award list seven random facts about oneself before passing on this prestigious title? So, with a sincere hope that I do not bore you to the point of tears, I hereby list my seven points of randomness:
1. I have never liked any sneaker- or tennis-shoe-reminiscent foot covering (I believe this has something to do with the fact that I mostly wear skirts, and I dread the homeschooler cliche of "jean-skirt-and-tennis-shoes-with-white-bobby-socks"). And then, one day, it was love at first sight for me and a certain pair of these offending shoes. They are big, black, clumpy, and squeaky, and I trip over them almost as often as I take a step, but for some, inexplicable reason, I think they're wonderful (and I've even worn them with jean skirts)!
2. I have Raynaud's Phenomenon - a disease usually triggered and aggravated by smoking cigarettes. Hmm... I've never even spent the night in the same house as a smoker...
3. My favorite age so far was 17. I couldn't really tell you why...it was just a lovely age and year!
4. Before I went to England, I hated scarves. Two and a half years later, I own twenty of them.
5. I have never been snowboarding, water skiing, backpacking, or skydiving. I don't care about the snowboarding. I'm not sure, but I think I'd like to go skydiving. And water skiing and backpacking are definitely on my bucket list.
6. Poetry in general is fantastic, but Robert Frost... ahhhhh
7. All-time favorite quote: "...it is that of an unsatisfied desire which is itself more desirable than any other satisfaction. I call it Joy..." (Surprised by Joy, C.S. Lewis)
And now I get to share the fun! I hereby do tag the following people, and sternly charge them to share their seven random facts and pass on this o-so-honorable award:
Karissa from A Daughter's Devotion
Kirsteen from Life in My Houseful of Boys
Mama from Keri--On