Thursday, June 16, 2011

Watch-It Wednesday: It's Been a Week


Yes, it has. A whole week. I cannot believe there are only three days left of training...time flies when it's filled to the brim! :)


For this Wattch-It Wednesday, I have several videos! The first is from our outing I alluded to in this post:
(Drumroll pleasel) an Indiana-Jones-style dessert! (Actually, I’ve never seen “Indiana Jones,” so I’m really just taking other people’s word for it. I did see the Veggie Tales knock-off, “Minnesota Cuke”, though. It’s about as close to the real thing as I want to get…so it counts, right?)


On our way to the hotel our very first night here, we met a local who told us we ought to try "The Mayan" for dinner sometime during our stay. "It's very Disney," he elaborated, "kind of like a big tree house with a waterfall in the middle. And they have diving shows every half hour." A tree-house style restaurant? Yes please! Saturday night, with no early-morning classes the next day, seemed the ideal evening, and so a plan was made! We invited our new acquaintance, Marissa, to come with us, and climbed into our personal limo - er, I mean shuttle van – for a fun-packed evening out!
Lauren, Marissa, and Mikaela!
As we walked into the dark, mysteriously-lit room, looking for all the world like a network of mining shafts, we couldn’t keep the grins off our faces. Yes, this was an awesome place to be! Down one of shafts halls we were led, the end opening up to reveal (dum, da-da dum) the waterfall! Throughout the evening we witnessed some heart-stopping diving and climbing shows which impressed us greatly! Unfortunately, because of the dramatic lighting, I was unable to get many pictures, but here are a few!


 


For dessert, Mikaela, Melissa, and I ordered some "chocolate lava cake." Little did we know what we were in for!


How exciting is that? Sparklers on your cake? Too much fun. :)

Video number two is from our wonderful return to Gateway! Behold the great fountain and music, spoken of here and here:

Ok. I lied.
No video.
But I tried.
This video is, for some reason, way too large to upload
So I shall have to wait 'til I get home to compress it.
But it's the thought that counts, anyway.
So just try to imagine it.

The last video is one I received in an email yesterday afternoon. The Littles and Rachel put it together for me...SO SWEET!! Aren't they dears?



Note: I do realize that it is now Thursday. But better late than never! I did start the post on Wednesday...
For more pictures and another perspective on our trip, visit Lauren and Mikaela's blog!

1 comment:

Ruthie H. said...

Enjoyed the videos! Wow, the Mayan restaurant sounds like it was quite the adventure! How long did the "volcanoes" erupt for?
And, the "third" video was very sweet. Being missed so much makes you feel so loved, huh? Enjoy the rest of your time and safe travels home! :)