Monday, January 20, 2014

{Psalm}

My "proper" post will be on Wednesday this week. In the meantime: a meager collection of words seeking to describe something for which the words have not been formed...

With awe, I feel this quiet
Creep over my soul again,
Transcending all angst and chaos
And settling deep within.

One moment - 
One moment is all I feel,
Though many are floating by.
The wind blust'ring 'round
And the sun-kisses, warm,
Have buried me deep in the sky.

And there, in the still, is my quiet,
Looking down at the spark'ling blue.
For the heavens declare such a glory:
All creation's in awe of You.

There's nothing -
There's nothing my pen can write
(For never will words be found),
Explaining the thrill
And the deafening joy
Of a praise that by silence, sounds.


2 comments:

Lauren said...

A resounding amen to that!

Ruthie H. said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing! :)